Parish Action Charities
Our focus is to raise parish awareness in social issues relating to health, justice, poverty, education and refuge both locally and globally by providing a platform for event ideas that support our nominated charities both financially and in partnership by promoting their work. Selection of our charities is made in consultation with the congregation via a parish-wide survey every three years. Each chosen charity is assisted for a period of three consecutive years at which point they can tender for one further period of tenure alongside new suggestions. Charities where volunteering opportunities are possible are particularly encouraged because we are equally interested in our journey and community as well as the funds that we raise. We welcome the promotion of new charities within the parish and if anyone would like to propose a new charity that is close to their hearts please do let us know.
What you can do
We hope you all will learn about the organisations we support and the issues they face by giving your time, skills and practical support to volunteer.
- Glassdoor: supporting the homeless community. For more info click HERE
- Regenerate: supporting local young people. For more info click HERE
- Foodbank: supporting the local community. For more info click HERE
- Charlie Waller: supporting mental health education for young people. For more info click HERE
- Christian Aid: supporting developing nations. For more info click HERE
If you would like to be a Parish Action Ref and or join the committee please contact Michelle Penn at firstname.lastname@example.org