Our Sunday services come in two flavours: At 10.00 am there is the Parish Eucharist during which, in term-time, Sunday School groups run for children from nursery school age to year 9.
There is – throughout the year – a creche for smaller children and the Cromwell Room, separated from the main church by a glass wall, is set apart for babies and toddlers to play as their adults sit with them and take part in the service. We hope that the Parish Eucharist is an un-fussy but reverential communion service using traditional hymns and thought-provoking sermons to enable people to re-charge their batteries for the coming week.
For those wanting more peace and quiet, Caritas, at 6.00 pm, is a tranquil, reflective service of Holy Communion intended just for adults.
Both services last an hour.
Rather than a formal sermon and reading format, the children and adult leaders together explore the gospel stories through story-telling, games and activity. At the moment we are experimenting with running Emmaus at the same time as the Parish Eucharist at 10 am, in the Lancaster Hall. This means the adults can be part of the main service and the children rejoin the adults at the Peace to share communion together.
For 2017 the dates for children’s services are as follows:
- Mar 26 10am Mothering Sunday All Age Service
- Apr 2 10am Sunday School
- Apr 9 10am Palm Sunday Walk with the donkey to All Saints! Children’s activities there.
- Apr 16 10am Easter Day – All Age Service
- Apr 30 No Sunday school (Godparents’ Sunday)
- May 7 10am Emmaus
May 7 11.30am Jumping for Joy
- May 14 10am Sunday School
- May 21 10am Sunday School
- June 4 10am All Age Godly Play
- June 11 10am Sunday School
- June 18 10am Sunday School
- June 25 10am Sunday School
- July 2 10am Emmaus
July 2 11.30am Jumping for Joy
- July 9 10am Sunday School
- July 16 No Sunday School (Parish picnic)